Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 20th & 21st, Jerusalem

I have been taking my last few days in Israel at a very easy pace. I had already seen most of what I had set my heart upon and the rest of my time has just been spent on unwinding. Yesterday, Yohanness and I went to the Israeli museum. Even though most of it is closed for remodeling we spent over three hours there. Of course the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit and the Aleppo Codex were incredible. The oldest copies of biblical manuscripts in the world, right there in front of me. But to be honest, what really took my breath away was the huge scale model of Jerusalem from the second Temple Period that was at the museum.

Today, (the 21st) I revisited the Garden Tomb, the upper room, the Western Wall, and just wandered the Old City. I read my scriptures and just took it easy pretty much the whole day. I think that the change in pace was a great way to finish off the trip. I thought a lot about what I have learned oin the trip. Thinking back to when I first landed in Cairo. So mauch has happened since then it seems like ages have past. It would seem that memory and time are very relative things.

No comments: